Unit 6 Week 1 3rd Grade Spelling Words:
Unit 6 Week 1 4th Grade Spelling Words:
- Monday, May 4th:
- Page 186 for 3rd grade focuses on making inferences; 4th grade focuses on cause and effect.
- Grammar Page for 3rd grade focuses on adjectives; 4th grade focuses on adverbs.
- Spelling Pages 161–162 introduces this week’s spelling words.
- 3rd Grade Math: Pages 125–126 will focus on measuring time in seconds in addition to subtracting seconds from minutes.
- 4th Grade Math: Pages will focus on reviewing concepts from Unit 10.
Memory: Write your verse in print and cursive.
- Tuesday, May 5th:
- 3rd Grade: Read The Bat Boy and His Violin and answer the 5 comprehension questions. Send your responses via email.
- 4th Grade: Read Teammates and answer the 5 comprehension questions. Send your responses via email.
- Grammar Page 162 for 3rd grade reviews articles; 4th grade reviews adjectives.
- Spelling Page 163 continues to practice this week’s spelling words.
- 3rd Grade Math: Pages 127–131 will focus on converting minutes and seconds to seconds, converting seconds to minutes and seconds, and adding or subtracting time in minutes and seconds.
- 4th Grade Math: Unit 10 Assessment
- Wednesday, May 6th:
- Page 188 will answer more comprehension questions about this week’s stories.
- Page 189 for 3rd grade focuses on reading a card catalog; 4th grade focused on using a card catalog.
- Grammar Page 163 for 3rd grade continues to practice with adjectives; 4th grade continues to practice with adverbs.
- Spelling Page 164 continues to practice this week’s spelling words.
- 3rd Grade Math: Pages 132–135 will focus on converting between years and months in compound units and between weeks and days in compound units.
- 4th Grade Math: Look for the math activity that will available on the website.
- Memory: Write your verse in print and cursive.
- Thursday, May 7th:
- Page 190 for 3rd grade focuses on making inferences; 4th grade focuses on cause and effect.
- Page 191 for 3rd grade focuses on Author’s Purpose/P.O.V.; 4th grade focuses on making judgments and decisions.
- Grammar Page 164 for 3rd grade focuses on correcting sentences; 4th grade focuses on using the words good and well.
- 3rd Grade Math: Pages 136–137 will focus on reviewing Unit 10 concepts.
- 4th Grade Math: Pages 165–166 will focus on visualizing and building solids drawn on isometric dot paper.
- Friday, May 8th:
- Page 192 for 3rd grade focuses on multiple meaning words; 4th grade focuses on context clues.
- Grammar Pages 165–166 concludes our study for this week’s concept.
- Spelling Page 166 concludes our study for this week’s words. Take a spelling test.
- 3rd Grade Math: Unit 10 Assessment
- 4th Grade Math: Page 167will focus on building shapes from drawing and determining the number of cubes needed to build a solid.
- Memory: Respond to the following question: How does this bible verse apply to our lives today? What comfort can we take to this verse, especially during this time?
Science: This week we will be wrapping up our study on Heredity and Lifecycles. We spent time learning about the similarities and differences between life cycles of plants and animals. For this assignment, please write a response (at least 2 paragraphs) explaining the similarities and differences between life cycles of plants and animals. Please turn in your responses by Tuesday, May 12th via email.
Powerpoint used in Video: Plant Lifecycle
Reading: The goal for each student is to read at least 20 minutes a day. Each week, students will write a summary of what they read during the week, which is in our homework packet. Please write the author and title of the book as well as the page number you started and ended the week on. Send an email with your summary of this week’s reading.
Memory: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28–30